Cogito Group recently presented on the topic of Identity Management at MilCIS 2014 (Australian Government, Department of Defence Chief Information Officer Group, Military Communication and Information Systems Conference)
Identity Management is a collection of processes an organisation uses to manage the security lifecycle of resources for it’s entities.
It allows an organisation to protect its data by:
- Access and rights management to resources
- Policy enforcement (on accounts, entitlements, etc.)
- Avoiding errors and omissions
- Managing relationships between Identities
An effective IdM suite can provide:
Identity Management integrates existing services:
- Directory services (LDAP, AD, etc.)
- Certificate authorities
- Smart-card issuance
- Physical Access as well as Logical Access
Interested in learning on the challenges, benefits, and where IdM is headed? Contact us at Cogito Group.