At Cogito Group, we know a thing or two about protecting data. So we thought we’d give you a bit of insight into how we do this.
We protect data through traditional methods such as firewalls (perimeter protection), but our speciality is going beyond this. It’s making sure that you are still protected even if the one compromising the organisation is a trusted insider or a hacker that has managed to get past your firewalls and into your network.
We protect data through:
Better access control
- Seamless access by users to authorised systems. Gone is the separate password. The user just gets access to the system, but at the backend, highly secure authentication methods are used.
- Knowing who and what is accessing your data and also setting rules around how that data is accessed.
- Provisioning and de-provisioning access to systems automatically. For example making sure that not only user that leaves an organisation has no access to any system, but also making sure that when someone changes roles, such as being promoted, that they automatically get the new access they need immediately, but also loose the access that they no longer need automatically.
- By allowing for automated and supervisor approvals of special access, depending on the need.
Better authentication methods
- Going beyond passwords to ensure a better level of authentication is achieved and to ensure that hackers can’t access data once past the firewall
- Letting even systems authenticate on another so that they will only share data with other known and trusted systems and services, not with a hacker or foreign system.
Encryption wherever the data is, however it gets there and even in use.
- We can encrypt: Virtual Machines, Databases, Storage Devices, Files and folders, Applications etc
- We can encrypt solutions that are on premises, in the cloud or a hybrid of the two
- Examples of applications are:
- Office 365, Gmail/Google Apps for Business, Salesforce, Service Now or virtually any solution you care to mention that is web based on the internet.
- In many cases we can encrypt only part of the data set or the whole thing depending on what the customer needs. An example is that we can encrypt just the credit card number column of a database table that holds customer information. Another is just some field of an application like salesforce.
- Yes we do this too, but only with Next Gen firewalls that reduce costs by combining services and provide a whole new level of control over what and who can access things. An example is that in the past if you wanted to block Facebook use by employees, you had to block the website and it affected all users. The products we sell and support can provided custom access, not just to what users can have access to, but even to what users can do, so one user group might have no access, another might be allowed to read posts and yet another (who might be responsible for updating the organisations Facebook page) can have post access too.
If you would like to discuss more about how we can protect your data, please get in contact with us at [email protected].
Digital Identity & Security
Cogito Group is an award-winning ICT company specialising in authentication, cloud security, identity management and data protection. Cogito Group protect the authentication methods used to access information through the use of Identity and other security technologies.