Canberra and Wellington locations
We are seeking an experienced, organised, proactive and hands-on Office Manager to manage all aspects of running a small and growing IT office.
This is a 1 year contract position to cover maternity leave with the possibility of moving to a permanent role. The position can be full-time or part-time depending on the requirements of the successful candidate. However, the flexibility offered can only be within the confines of business hours (for example between 8am-6pm Monday to Friday).
You will be responsible for providing administrative assistance to our small team.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- reception duties including face to face enquiries and incoming calls, ensuring they are handled in a courteous, professional and thorough manner;
- Daily communication with our Australian office and completing adhoc tasks by correspondence
- managing all office requirements, service maintenance calls, purchasing of office supplies and filing of correspondence for both the Australian and New Zealand office;
- assisting in the coordination and booking of travel for staff;
- coordinating and producing office correspondence;
- managing staff calendars;
- assisting with an office relocation
- assisting with HR, including posting online recruitment ads, coordinate all aspects of on-boarding for new starters (including preparing contracts and induction training); liaising with legal service providers and updating corporate policy documents when required; and assisting with HR administration (leave requests, performance reviews, training and staff briefings)
- co-ordinating staff activities, including annual Christmas functions
- ensuring the office is neat, tidy and organised
- Excellent organisation skills
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role and a willingness to learn and be part of a small team working together to achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously in a small team with a positive “can do” attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skills in Microsoft outlook, word and excel
- Punctual and reliable
- Mature and friendly
This is an exciting opportunity for someone returning to work or looking to reduce their working hours. Please provide a response to the Selection Criteria and your current CV to [email protected]