Dev Ops Engineer for Network, Firewall, System Integration and Maintenance activities
Canberra and Wellington Locations
This is a great opportunity to be involved in a number of roles (from entry to senior) involving Systems Administration, Firewalling & Network Infrastructure, and Software Development.
We are seeking applications for all levels of experience. For senior applicants, you would be expected to provide System-level Design, Integration, Verification and Production of new IT capabilities (including network and firewall equipment). In addition, you will be expected to contribute to Software Development projects within the company as a secondary role. As a junior applicant, you will be expected to learn these skills at a fast rate.
Successful candidates will assist with requirements analysis, technical studies, design tasks, systems integration and engineering support. You will work to tight deadlines and be responsible for the creation and review of technical documentation.
This position is a great opportunity for someone who has a keen interest in platform design and administration, as well as for those with these skills already who would like to expand knowledge to include PKI, Identity Management and Information Security and to develop Software Development skillsets.
For the junior, some knowledge of Operating Systems and other network infrastructure is an advantage, and for a more senior person it is essential. Regardless of level, onsite CBT based training and various resources will be provided for specific equipment and certifications.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, quick learner and have the ability to work independently. Being a hard worker with a strong work ethic you will be willing to work across all areas of development, integration and system administration. The successful candidate must also be able and willing to travel. The successful candidate is also expected to be available for outside of hours work for occasional upgrades and to rectify faults if and when they occur.
Mid-level staff or Junior IT personnel with certifications, or graduates and students in their 3rd year or students with other relevant training or experience should apply.
Specifically you will:
- design, install and support firewalling solutions;
- design, install and support network solutions such as routers and switches;
- design, install and support servers and desktops;
- design, install and support environments;
- perform software development on existing systems for enhancements/maintenance;
- perform software development of new systems;
- research and evaluate products and services;
- perform systems integration and testing;
- install, upgrade and support open source and specialised commercial software packages;
- support the configuration and administration of high and low bandwidth computing networks;
- maintain user and system documentation; and
- provide innovative solutions and high level support.
- demonstrated ability and/or experience in administration of firewall and network equipment is highly desirable;
- demonstrated ability and/or experience in administration of windows desktops and servers is desirable;
- experience with administration and support of UNIX systems is desirable;
- demonstrable proficiency in at least two different programming languages (low level, object-oriented, scripting, query based or functional. Not mark-up languages);
- experience in developing enterprise software is highly desirable (through prior work experience, personal projects or open source projects) is desirable;
- strong aptitude and willingness to learn new skills with demonstrated initiative for solving problems is desirable;
- excellent document writing skills is highly desirable;
- excellent communication skills with the ability to interact positively and effectively both individually and as a member of a small team is desirable;
- willingness and ability to travel is highly desirable; and
- ability to obtain a high level security clearance (New Zealand or Australian citizenship essential).
Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- Previous network, firewall or systems engineer experience not necessary but highly regarded.
- Degree of Software Engineering/Computer Science or a related discipline or experience will be highly regarded.
- Minimum 3rd year university student Software Engineer/Developer or other engineering discipline highly regarded.
- New Zealand or Australian Citizenship is a mandatory requirement for this position.
If you are interested in this position please email through your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
AU: +61 2 6140 4494
NZ: +64 4909 7580
Auckland | Brisbane | Canberra | Melbourne | Sydney | Wellington